Thursday 7 May 2015

Spring Beauty Products


As you know I have made the big move over to London from little old Auckland, NZ. So naturally I researched and found spots where I could buy my usual vegan, organic, and enviro friendly products.

Organic fruit and veg are readily available for reasonable prices at most supermarkets here, however wholefoods and natural home and beauty products are mainly found in speciality stores such as Wholefoods Market. There's one just a short walk from our apartment, it's not a good thing for the wallet! Did I mention there's a wholefoods food hall upstairs too?!

Here are my latest home and beauty finds that are all vegan, animal cruelty free, natural, free from any nasty chemicals and eco friendly.

Clockwise from top left:

Avalon Organics Pepermint hand and body lotion - Scented with refreshing peppermint essential oil, this cream has helped soothe my eczema when it's inflamed while moisturising my dry skin. I love this cream!

Naked Rescue Shampoo and Conditioner - This shampoo and conditioner leaves my hair feeling fresh, clean and soft. They are free from any harsh nasties and smell so good!    

Dr Bronners Magic Soap - Hemp and tea tree oil - Not your regular foamy type soap as it's made from natural ingredients, all things I can pronounce! I love the smell of the tea tree oil, I feel so squeaky clean after my shower especially because I know tea tree has antibacterial properties.

A. Vogel Neem Oil - I bought this oil to help heal the recent eczema outbreak on my body! I'm a little paranoid that it may be dust mites or fleas, so luckily neem oil is a natural insecticide. Neem oil has been used for centuries in Asia, known for it's many health and beauty benefits. This is a miracle oil! Every time I have a random rash or skin irritation this neem oil blend does the trick. The A.Vogel brand contains: sweet almond oil, neem oil (Azadirachta indica), oils of bergamot, rosemary and eucalyptus.

Jason Soothing Aloe Vera - Great cream that's safe for face and body, not too fond of the smell though. Still testing this one out will keep you posted how it works long term. I am really missing my Huckleberry Farms cream!

Dr Bronners Magic Lip Balm - I love peppermint. It's perfect for dry, cracked and irritated lips.


Let me know if you have any questions. I can't wait to try out more hippy products!

Kim xx 




No comments: