Tuesday 11 August 2015

Vegan Pancakes


This morning I really wanted to make pancakes since I had some left over whipped coconut cream (any excuse), so I finally gave them a go.

I was a little scared at start, however I was surprised to end up with fluffy, light pancakes, and a hint of mixed spice really took it that extra mile. This is a super yummy and easy recipe! I enjoyed mine with passion fruit sauce and whipped coconut cream :)

The key to fluffy pancakes is in the baking powder, use a good quality one and make sure to check the expiry date too.

Yummy Vegan Pancakes!

Ingredients

1 cup plain flour or gluten free flour mix
2 teaspoons baking powder
a pinch of salt
1 cup dairy free milk
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil or oil of choice 



Flavouring ideas
You don't need to add in any of these as they are optional, I usually just add in vanilla extract or cinnamon. It all depends on what I have in the kitchen or what I'm in the mood for.

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or mixed spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon date paste 
1 teaspoon coconut sugar 
mashed banana
berries


Method

1. Whisk together the dry ingredients.

2. Make a well in your flour mixture and add in the dairy free milk, oil, water and vanilla extract. Mix till just combined. 

3. Heat your pan at medium-high heat, and add oil of choice.

4. Pour a ladle full of batter on the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbles pop up, flip then cook till golden brown.


Vegan Pikelets

To make Pikelets (mini sweet pancakes) add 1/4 cup of  unrefined sugar. When cooking mini pancakes, use about 2 tablespoons of batter for each.


Variation: Banana Pancakes!


Buckwheat Pancakes

Follow the same recipe as above, but use one cup of buckwheat flour.

Buckwheat pancakes 



Enjoy,


Kim :)

No comments: