Creamy Parsley & Pistachio Pesto
Crazy Fresh Herbs from my Dad's Garden
As you can see from the pic above those are fresh herbs. My dad's garden is cray! There are so many herbs and veggies, and to think I could pay up to $5 for a small bunch of herbs, yikes!
Anyway I am going to quick Pesto tutorial before I have to start setting up for our MRK tonight. I have about another two hours! Okay this need to be fast... Here we go:
Parsley & Pistachio Pesto
Now I have made up this recipe and I basically used what I had in the kitchen, if you have vegan parmesan cheese please add it in would be beautiful! You could also use any nuts you have at home. This recipe is me trying to replicate the beautiful parsley pesto Jake and I had at Spanish Restaurant called 'El Farro'. Its was drizzled on tapas.
3/4 cup Pistachio Nuts (I used raw)
2 packed cups parsley
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons of lemon juice (optional)
1/2 cup olive oil
1. Wash and drain the parsley.
2. Put all the ingredients in a food processor except the oil - So parsley, pistachios, garlic, lemon juice salt. Whizz until all chopped up.
3. Now add 1/4 cup of olive oil, and whizz again till creamy. Add more if you want, but remember we will still add more to end product.
4. Your pesto will look nice and abit pasty like the pic below. Now you can have it like this but I like to add a little more oil.
5. Add the rest of the olive oil and fold gently.
Now your pesto is ready to go! You can use it for everything; pasta, tofu, brans, spreading or dipping are only some ideas!