I am going share my broccoli soup recipe that took me less than 10 minutes to whip up.
2 heads of broccoli
2 cloves garlic
1-2 tablespoons vegan butter (optional)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. In a large pot bring water to boil and add 1 teaspoon of salt. Make sure your water is rapidly boiling as we only want to flash boil the broccoli to retain the flavours and colours.
2. Cut broccoli into florets, use the steam too!
3. Boil broccoli in rapid boiling water, for no longer than 3-4 minutes. You will know its is ready as it will be easy to poke with a fork and is bright green.
4. Place a bowl in the sink to catch the water (we are going to use the water), then drain your broccoli on top.
5. While everything is still hot, place your broccoli in the blender. Add the saved broccoli water at the half way mark on your blender, add garlic.
Grab a tea towel and place it on top of the blender lid, with your hand firmly on (this prevents broccoli soup on your roof since its hot). Pulse a few times, then blend on medium till smooth. If you want it thinner add more water.
6. Pop it back in the pot and add vegan butter and heat through. If you have vegan parmesan, drop in about a handful or more and melt.
To season add salt & pepper, garnish with parsley and vegan parmesan cheese.