This recipe came to me the night before MRK and was pretty much fluked during the making! I took my trusty piping bag and stuffed these yummy green olives.
1 cup of hollow green olives
1/2 - 1 cup of cashew cream cheese or vegan cream cheese
a squeeze of lemon (optional)
1. Mix the vegan cream cheese, lemon, and pepper to taste in a bowl.
2. Spoon all of the mixture into a piping bag or a zip lock bag, and fill each olive.
3. Once you have filled all of your olives, add about 2 tablespoon of olive oil to coat.
Cashew Cream Cheese
1 cup raw cashews
2 tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 tbsp. canola oil
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1. Soak cashews in water for at least 4 and up to 8 hours, or even better overnight. Drain and blend in high speed blender or food processor until smooth. This might take a few minutes.
2. Add in remaining ingredients and continue to blend until everything is well mixed. Remove from blender or food processor.