Wednesday 24 April 2013

Dairy Free Banana Soft Serve

I can't believe its not ice cream!


As a fellow Pinner on Pinterest, I frequently see amazing and zany recipes & tutorials for everything under the sun!  There is an odd occasion were I actually make something from Pinterest. I just couldn't comprehend how frozen bananas could end up being a creamy, silky, soft serve like dessert!

I whipped out my food processor, chucked in some frozen bananas, and voila creamy banana soft serve before my eyes! It took a lot to convince the bf that I had not added 'cream, milk, or yogurt', just nothing but plain old frozen bananas! 



Banana Soft Serve Recipe:
Serves 2 - I only have a tiny food processor so that's all that will fit, so if you want more freeze more bananas!

Equipment:

Food Processor
(My blender did not work!)

Ingredients:


2-4 Frozen Banana's - Peeled, sliced, and frozen till solid (best left overnight).
It is best to use ripe bananas that are starting to have brown spots or even brown! The browner the sweeter!

 Method:


1. Pull your frozen banana slices out of the freezer, if they are too hard just let them defrost for about 5 mins or so. I am im patient so I put mine in the microwave for about 30secs.


2. Put the banana's in you food processor, pulse till all whizzed up. You may need to open the processor once in a while to scape down the sides and help its mix through.


If you are getting to the stage of thinking how are these rock hard bananas going to ever process? Just keep on pulsing and opening the processor every now and then.

3. EAT!

Variations
This is the basic recipe. Now go crazy and add other ingredients to make other variations:
Chocolate Banana - I added 1tsp of Cocoa Powder
                       
Banana Berry - I added a handfull of raspberries

  • Cocoa Powder
  • Strawbery
  • Peanut Butter
  • Frozen Berries
  • Cinnamon
  • Vanilla Bean


You don't believe me? Make it!

Kim xx

No comments: