Wednesday 24 April 2013

Almond Kisses (Almond milk leftovers)

If you know me personally, you would know that I am VERY indecisive! So I finally decided to use my left over pulp from todays almond milk to make 'Almond, Date & Coconut Kisses". I used this recipe as a guide. That recipe is vegan and raw.

To the recipe I added 2 tablespoons of coconut, and 1 teaspoon of agave. It also says to soak the dates, so I finely cut up my dates and soaked them quickly for 2 mins until they were soft enough to blend. I also added 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (just cause), this is optional.

Here is my recipe:

Almond, Date & Coconut Kisses
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups almond milk pulp
6-8 soaked and pitted medjool dates (adjust to suit your own sweetness preference; 6 was fine for me)
1 small banana mashed
1 1/2 tsps vanilla extract
1/2  cup tablespoons of coconut
1/2 Cup or more of dark choc chunks (optional)
1 tablespoon of  coconut oil (optional)

If you think your mixture is too sloppy add some flour. You should be able to form balls from the mixture :) 


Method:
1. Preheat the your oven to 180C. Mix all ingredients together in a food processor until  your mixture forms a dough. (Try not to eat the mixture! It is so yummy).

2. Put your cookie dough into a pastry/icing bag with a large star tip and push through cookie dough to make the desired size. If you don't have a pastry bag you can roll the dough into balls and press down with a fork.

3. Bake kisses for 18 minutes, or until golden brown, and allow to cool before serving!

Best served with a glass of your devine Almond Milk

Happy Baking :)




No comments: