Wednesday 15 October 2014

South-East Asian Curry

Yellow Curry

I often get asked for my curry recipes and I am surprised I haven't posted any till now! Asian curry is super easy as I use a good quality curry paste from Asian supermarkets/shops.

These curries originate from south east Asia e.g. Thailand, Malaysia etc. Although we don't do curry traditionally in the Philippines, they do always take me back. I usually get paste such as yellow curry, red curry, green curry, panang and the list go on. Also many of theses pastes have their own methods, so you can follow them too!




Asian Style Curry

Ingredients
1-2 tablespoons of good quality curry paste (or to taste)
1 can of coconut cream (Kara works well)

1 medium onion diced
2-3 cloves of garlic sliced
2 tablespoons of oil
salt, pepper and sugar to taste

vegetables and tofu of your choice:
- carrots
- potatoes
- beans
- chickpeas
- lentils
- mushrooms
- capsicum etc... may be a good idea make it simple and only choose a few veggies.

Malaysian Curry


Method

1. Sautee onion and garlic in oil on medium heat till soft.

2. Add in you curry paste, then cook till fragrant. Soon after add in veggies and cook to your liking.

3. Add in coconut milk and simmer till combined.

4. Season with salt, pepper and sugar to taste. If you want to add water to make it thinner do so!


Enjoy xx 





No comments: