Sunday 9 November 2014

Home and Beauty Essentials Guide

As I have become more conscious of what I put into my body, I have also been more conscious of what comes into contact with my skin.

Ever since I was a young girl, I have had severe eczema. Steroid creams had always been my go to, even knowing that it wasn't natural and was thinning and fading my skin. Now my skin is better than ever, and I credit this to my diet and the products that come into contact with my skin.


The things I look for in home and beauty products are anything plant and mineral based with no nasty chemicals such as parabens and products using only natural fragrances such as essential oils. Of course for the ethical side, cruelty free - no animal testing and products that are biodegradable as well as packaging that is recyclable.


Around the same time that I went completely animal free, I went semi hippy and made all my own home and beauty products, it was amazing and so much cheaper! I made my own moisturiser, deodorant, perfume, toothpaste, cleaning products and even bronzer from cocoa. This was all possible on my school/work holidays. These days I find it easier to buy eco products from my local supermarket. Maybe one day I will be a stay at home mum, then I will aspire to do it again!

The following is what we have available at supermarkets in New Zealand and Australia. What I buy depends on what's on special at the time. I know it seems expensive, but can you put a price on your health and wellbeing? xx

Beauty


Hair
Organic Care Shampoo and Conditioner
Chantal Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - Leave in hair mask 




Face and body
Huckleberry Farms Basic Cream - My daily face moisturiser = miracle cream! 
Chantal Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - body moisturiser, make up remover, sunscreen
Eco Store - Peppermint lip balm 
Eco Tan - Tanning products
Lush - There 'Dream Cream' is amazing for dry hands and ezcema




Hygiene
Eco Store - hand wash and body wash
Lush - A range of beauty any hygiene products
Thursday Plantation - Tea tree deodorant
Phyto Shield - Lemon myrtle toothpaste
Red Seal - Fluoride free toothpaste 





Cosmetics
Inika
Natio
Innoxa

Home



Cleaning
Eco Store and Earthwise - Dishwashing liquid, all purpose cleaner, laundry liquid and cream cleaner for the bathroom.  

Jewellery Cleaner
Toothpaste and an old toothbrush

I will update this page regularly when I find new and exciting products! xx

No comments: