This is a super quick and super tasty meal that I can whip up in a flash! Yummmm :)
Crispy Tofu Teriyaki with Romaine Beans and Purple Cabbage
1 pack of firm tofu, well drained and cubed
2 tablespoons tamari or japanese soy sauce
1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses or maple syrup
2 pinches of seasalt or more to taste
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 extra teaspoon of blackstrap for finishing touches :)
1 small onion sliced
2-3 cloves of garlic sliced
half of a capsicum diced
quarter of a purple cabbage sliced
2-3 handfuls of green beans
1. Drain and press all water out of the tofu and cut into cubes. Mix in all the teriyaki sauce ingredients with the tofu and leave to marinate while preparing the veges.
2. Add about 2 tablespoons oil into a heated non-stick frying pan. Cook the tofu cubes until nicely browned.
3. At a medium high temperature add in your sesame seeds and 1 teaspoon of blackstrap molasses and stir through to create a crispy coating.
Romaine beans and purple cabbage:
1. Saute onions and garlic with some oil on the medium heat until brown.
2. Add in cabbage, and sauté until slightly cooked (I like my cab crunchy).
3. Now add in capsicum and green beans and cook till veges are heated through.
4. Season with salt and pepper, and even a squeeze of lemon.
Plate up yummy tofu and veges and enjoy!